Friday, July 30, 2010

good friends are hard to come by

difficult times these days. but i have learned it's the simple things that really matter. today i made a request that was uncomfortable for me to tackle. it turned jonathan's frown upside-down. i also realized what a good, good friend we have in patrick. he came by while i was drowning in my tears, quietly listened to my concerns, and cried with me. then he made me laugh and took my husband to dinner.

we ran some errands while daddy went to dinner with mr. tuohey. mema's house to return tupperware, target to buy cecelia some face soap and running shoes (and maybe a few other "important" items... like 62cent cars) and then to mary's house to drop off some forgotten movies. lionel promptly unbuckled to get out and pet the dog (his FAVORITE thing to do) and promptly pitched a fit when i told him "no." so mr. hart beckoned the dog to the car so lionel could pet her and she promptly jumped in the car! it made everyone's night.

tonight, after bath time, cecelia requested one of my shirts to wear as PJs. one of my occupational therapy shirts! i was so proud.

other than the heartache of the culmination of our fighting, the day was pretty benign and i'm GLAD it's over!

g'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment